Friday, January 05, 2007

First week here!

So finally after to long of a wait, Chelsea and I live in the same city. She has moved to Winnipeg to take nursing at the U of M. The timing of her move was perfect, since I was given a week of holidays exactly when she flew into town. This afforded us, to catch up on time not spent togethor, as well as do lots of "coupley" things.

First thing was to head to the forks and get the most basic, "we're in Winnipeg and we're dating" photo out of the way. Chelsea loves the IMAX and since winnipeg doesn't have season's tickets, I promised her that I would take her when-ever she wanted to go. So we headed down there and caught a 3D version of "The Polar Express". Really cool, but a full length movie in 3D is a long haul. Your eyes can get pretty sore by the end.
Nothing but the finest of dining for my woman.
Chelsea was fortunate enough to be here for a serious winter storm. Winnipeg got 25cm overnight, and some surrounding areas were as high as 35cm. So we had a pretty epic looking landscape here for a few days. I say a few days because three days later it was +5. Ya I actually had to put gloves on at work, because my hands were getting cool (we were chalking lines).
Late night snowfalls lend themselves perfectly to leasurely walks. Chelsea was pretty excited to experience a legit snowfall so soon after her move, and who can blame her. There's something so peacefull and relaxing in a fresh snowfall.

11 Comments:

Blogger Sandra Plett said...

Awww! So cute that you're doing all those "coupley things". Looking at your pictures I'm actually a wee bit envious of the snow. If I could have it for just one day. And then I remember that I just spent two weeks in the sand and sun...tough call!!

6:00 AM  
Blogger johnny m said...

the last photo was the greatest

9:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

oh man . . . still . . . weird. good on ya, anth.

7:41 PM  
Blogger melissaplett said...

You know Chels is right... you need to work on the smile. We get it... you're the man... now show us your siemens smile! ( no no not your Nathan )

9:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice shots of the "first week" - chelsea is as sweet a person as she looks. it was awesome meeting her; can't wait for the cabin! sounds like it'll be a cold weekend. too bad for you guys - snuggling by the fire will be a must and that is clearly something you're not comfortable with yet.
- steph

7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know that thing that happens to old people when they're bed-ridden, and they're not flipped over enough, and then sometimes their skin grows together in their armpit between the arm and the peck...that's going to happen with Anferny's arm and Chelsea's shoulder before too long.

Cornelius Paul Loewen III

9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice,welcome to wpg. Chelsea, nice having you here, sorry Anth. I know this is your blog.

10:07 AM  
Blogger Sandra Plett said...

Okay...time for a blog update:) And since it's Valentine's Day I'm expecting details on what you did for Chelsea!!

Oh, oh...hope you remembered...wouldn't that be embarrassing:)

10:12 PM  
Blogger Anthony Plett said...

Sorry Sandra, I will try getting one up soon.

3:32 PM  
Blogger Baby Ajax said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1:25 PM  
Blogger Baby Ajax said...

Sorry I messed up my previous comment. I love your pics, Ajax was born that night so I missed the snow storm completely! By the time I got home from the hospital 4 days later, all the streets and walks were cleared. Thank's for capturing the beauty of what I missed.
Lani Z

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home