Wednesday, December 20, 2006

A Clear Sign For Change

So I'm driving to my parents place in my car, it's in pretty sweet looking shape. Here's a view from the interior. I've got my Tim Horton's in hand, and am just getting it up to highway speed. When, whomp, my hood is in my face, then beside my driverside door. All in one fell motion. I don't panic I just ease it on to the shoulder.
First attempt I tie it down. This limits me to very slow travel. Anything over 90km/hr, and it's obvious it will end up in my face again.
Second attempt, I tarp strap that hood down. This works great, but it is obvious this car has to go. I have to pick a girl up from the airport in two weeks, and this will not do. So now I start the serious hunt.
That's it, I'm going american. From here on out it's "like a rock".
Heck, I'm even rollin' on rims.
So that is the end of the 4 cylinder import car stage of life for me. I've official moved on to 6 bangin' cylinder's of american made truck. The civic has been good to me, at times better than I deserve, and she will be missed. But, already my masculinity is feeling pretty amplified.

9 Comments:

Blogger johnny m said...

oh snap! the stache looks rad. you must keep it.

7:25 PM  
Blogger Anthony Plett said...

Tragically, the stache "fell" sunday morning. After near two months of promising growth, it lost in an epic battle with my hair trimmer. Ever will it haunt my dreams, "what could have been?"

8:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how come you got such a small truck? Dylan

8:48 PM  
Blogger Sandra Plett said...

Nice! Dylan stole my comment!! I think you really need to mustache in order to look extra-manly in that new truck. Nice work.

8:49 PM  
Blogger Anthony Plett said...

Sorry Dylan, but I don't need a full size truck. This one will do quite nicely for now.
I know Sandra, the two combined were almost making me to manly. Everyone was so intimidated when I'd approach, I had to do it to ease people's fear of me.

4:44 AM  
Blogger melissaplett said...

I'm SO excited you have that truck! There are SOOO many times I need one!!!
um, oh, I mean... sorry about the stache loss?

9:59 AM  
Blogger Nathan said...

photo cred?

10:42 AM  
Blogger Anthony Plett said...

Thanks to Nathan for taking these photo's, and for allowing me to steal them for my blog. It's so awesome to have him out here.

2:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

sweet post. i looks like i may be reverting from the american made mini-van to the small import in the near future. before this post i was already thinking of the wicked montage i could offer in tribute to the caravan . . . if those wheels could talk . . .

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home