Tuesday, August 08, 2006

august long

OK, so August long started out real exciting and didn't really stop. I spent friday afternoon preparing for matt and lauren's wedding. Gathering camera gear, I borrowed a few lenses, and getting a wedding card, that sort of stuff. Oh, I also bought some new shoe's, I couldn't go to their wedding looking like a complete shluff.

Friday evening was the wedding. It was a great time. I was responsible for shooting the ceremony, but in the end they got me to take a few posed images of them as well. Which I'm happy they did, cause I feel I got some really good stuff. Most of the evening was spent just chillin, however their were a few tours of the building that went down. The wedding was in the millenium centre, it's right across main from the empire, and it is a really crazy building. So many rooms of varying color, every floor had a safe, and their was an office labelled "Dectective".

Saturday is the day I still don't really believe happened.

OK, were does it start, Cory and I planned to go camping Sunday to Monday. I was going to go to Steinbach Saturday night, so we could leave from there first thing Sunday morning. Judy and I had purchased a gift for Cory's birthday, however it didn't work properly, so we returned it and got him a gift card from MEC. So I went by Jude's place to pick up a card, and my cooller. Now Judy live's on Furby, which is in the "north end". However, it's right near the college and the area doesn't really seem that bad. Now Judy and I were in her front entrance, when one of the neighborhood kids knocked on the door. She didn't recognize him, so she decided to answer it (she frequently won't answer the door simply because if the children reallize she's home they won't leave her alone. She has a tough time turning them away so it's just easier not to answer). Well he just wanted some cookies or anything free, she was just sending him home when we heard siren's. There was quite a few so we bothed looked in their direction.

Just then a Ford explore came flying over Ellice down Furby. However having hit Ellice to fast the driver quickly lost control. Sliding sideways the SUV hopped the curb, and took out a no stopping sign. With dirt flying and glass shattering the truck plowed into the apartment complex accross the street from where we stood. The hood folded up, air bags deployed, and with the crunch of the impact the horn cut through the calm afternoon air. I stood there unable to beleive I was actually living in this moment.

With no time wasted the driver had his door open, and was running into the alley. One cop car hammered over the fallen sign, giving the "perp" chase. Two other officer's quickly emptied the explorer of it's remaining passengers, all young, scantilly clad girls. The horn still wailing.

I look over to the left to see the "assailant" appear back out from behind a house. He tries to hop a fence, but his baggy clothes make it quite difficult. Then he just stops and raises his hands. I step to the side a little, and see on the other side of the tree is an officer with gun drawn. They quickly handcuff the dude, and search him for drugs and weapons. Then it's back of the car for you.

One of the girls walks to the ambulance, while the others are takin' in for questioning. Firefighters pry open the hood and kill the horn. The police tape off the area, everyone has gotten really close. Then they bring out the dog, and quickly find his drugs he had stashed under some bushes.

So, ya, that was saturday afternoon. We took lots of pictures, and I'm just waiting to get them from Jude, then I'll be sure to have them up hear.

Sunday, Cory and I went camping. We had a really nice time, photographing blue herons and other birds of prey. Oh ya, apparently my phobia of sleeping in tents is over. I fell asleep so fast, and snore so loud, that Cory had to go sleep in the car. I awoke at five and thought, "it's really quiet, I can't even hear Cory". I turned on a light to discover he wasn't there. I just laughed to myself and tride to go to sleep. And I did...............I did.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope to see those pictures, your Granny would love that, she always said: if things like that were happening anyways she would love to witness something like that. Truly a Plett scare away the other guy with your loud snoring, interesting.

7:31 PM  
Blogger Anthony Plett said...

like father, like son. However, I don't think I hold a candle to the likes of dad and corey. But, I'm still young.

9:59 PM  
Blogger melissaplett said...

I'm still wondering how you had time to get a camera and take photos of this all. I guess I'll believe it when I see it!

6:47 PM  
Blogger Sandra Plett said...

I'm so proud of you! You're all growed up! Love that Cory was scared away by your snoring. You probably won't need to worry about bears at this point. The chase story...I have to agree with Melissa...need to see it to believe it!

12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're waiting when can we expect to see those pictures.I'm getting very impatient. Anyways, glad you didn't stay home from the gathering to get those done, really enjoyed seeing you at the fam. gathering.

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home