Friday, August 25, 2006

Back in BC

I started documenting my trip once I was in Van. This is a self portrait crossing onto the ferry.
I got really bored on the two hour cross from the mainland to the island, so I started texting my sister. Absolutely nothing of importance was said.
This was my ride from the ferry. They'd all been camping for three days, so the smell was ripe.
I think the last thing Zack needs is a "full throttle". But I guess when you never sleep, you need to get energy somewhere.
Self portrait with my kid brother.
This is the house where Jamie tied the knot. I also had to stay here, I didn't want to leave.
That's Brian on the left. Forty minutes after I met him, I had him jumping off a bridge with elastic bands tied to his ankles. Jamie on the right took the real plunge the next day.
After the wedding Emilly, Chelsea, Steve, and Kendal took us to the ocean to check out glowing algae. It was awesome. Oh ya, they also took us to "the dog house" for a killer supper. Although no one ordered the "tiger burger", it comes with a grilled weiner and bacon on top.
My chapperone home surveying the majestic rivers of BC
I was pretty hyped on hanging out of the window taking driving pictures.
Here's my dad adjusting the radio. His music's so loud.
Somewhere between Blue Creek and Jasper we stopped at this water fall. I could spend a lot of time there. The two prairie boys were delighted to see the odd salmon try the jump up.


This is my epic shot of dad, his steel horse, and the open sky.

10 Comments:

Blogger melissaplett said...

Nicely done bro. Oh and as for our "conversation"... glad to know you think they are un important. Every word you say is heard by me as if it's the last time I may hear you speak. So thanks, thanks for caring.

4:50 PM  
Blogger Anthony Plett said...

Ok, what did we talk about?

6:57 PM  
Blogger Sandra Plett said...

Love the witty comments (ie:" the real plunge was taken by..."), the beautiful photos of the gorgeous scenery, oh, and the self portraits, and the insights into your bonding time with Dad. Seriously, like father like son...I think I MAY have seen that driving shot out the window before somewhere. Hmmm...

7:05 PM  
Blogger Anthony Plett said...

I don't know where you've seen the driving photo. Dad, and I also stopped by CBC, that is a totally different place.

7:41 AM  
Blogger melissaplett said...

What she MEANS is that she's drivin' there a lot, and Dad's takin' about 1000 photos like that. Anthony, do you even know your sisters? Wow. I think I may begin to cry a little here. Oh, and if you can't remember what we talked about I don't know if it's worth repeating. However, you began the convo. with "Planes, buses, and ferries..."

11:44 AM  
Blogger Anthony Plett said...

Did you remember, or do you just have it on your phone still? And I didn't say I forgot what we talked about.

3:32 PM  
Blogger Sandra Plett said...

That's cool you got to see CBC. Did you wander around there a bit? See anybody you knew? Anyone Dad knows? Hahaha!

4:50 PM  
Blogger Anthony Plett said...

No I didn't recognize anyone. Just a bunch of fresh leadership staff trying to get untangled from a not.

5:14 PM  
Blogger Anthony Plett said...

Sorry, I mean they were trying to get untangled from a knot.

5:49 PM  
Blogger melissaplett said...

I don't want to fight any more Anthony. Why can't you just admit that you don't care and I'm a better sister then you are a brother. Ok? ok. (no I didn't check my phone... I'm just that skilled with my memory)

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home